Invest Your Time in Something Worthwhile
The Gibberd Garden is run almost entirely by volunteers and you will be assured of a warm welcome if you join us. We would love to hear from you, as we are always seeking volunteers to support us in varying roles such as:
- Ticketing and Admissions
- Gift Shop
- Hosting in The Gibberd Rooms
- Hospitality in the Cafe in the Barn
We are especially looking for Volunteers with specific skills, that can help and support us with the following:
- Newsletter/Magazine Editor.
- Web and App Design.
- Marketing and Social Media.
- Carpenters, Plumbers, Electricians, Painters/Decorators.
Our season runs from April – October and we are open on Wednesday and Sunday afternoons plus various special events. Whatever time you can spare will make a big difference to helping us keep this very special garden open.
There are some perks to volunteering at The Gibberd Garden, such as a Volunteer’s pass which entitles you and a guest to free entry on days when the Garden is open to the public. You will also get to meet interesting visitors, work in great surroundings and be alongside like-minded friendly people.
To Find Out More
To find out more about becoming a volunteer, please call 01279 442112 and leave a message, or drop us a line through our Volunteer Registration Form. You will be assured of a warm welcome.
The Gibberd Garden is currently recruiting volunteers for the following roles:
- Tuesday – Gardening Volunteers: Join a nice group of Volunteers who help maintain the Garden alongside our Professional Gardening Team.
- Wednesday and Sunday – Host Volunteers: To open the Garden to the public for a minimum commitment of one four hour session per month.
- Generic – Volunteers: As and when, to assist and support us with fundraising, bids and tenders, e-commerce, general administration and with our marketing and social media.